11.06.2011

Okari

sitting in church this morning, i was reminded of how much i love this community. though i understand only a word or two from the sermon, i try my best to follow along with my bible. i mumble through the hymns, sometimes picking up on the last word of each line. for a moment, i am tempted to feel out of place, but quickly become aware of my unpretentious surroundings. the mud walls and thatch roof echo songs of praise and the people of okari smile and greet me as if i was their long-time friend returning home. 
  
 

my favorite part is the end of the service. we follow one another outside and form a sort of greeting circle, shaking hands, saying hello. then we all huddle to sing as the drums beat in the background. 


thankful today for worship and fellowship with believers, no matter the language.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Mel. love this post and pictures. What a huge God we serve! love you

    ReplyDelete