8.29.2010

Birthday with the Brits

a day in london! that's right. i know you're jealous. i got to spend my birthday in london! well technically it was the next day here but i allowed myself an extension. so i had a 15 hour layover in london, and i decided that was more than enough time to explore a bit of london. and that's what i did. as much as i enjoyed the sightseeing today, i'm about to fall out on the floor i'm so tired. I NEED SLEEP! ok, got to keep this one short. i'm paying for this and watching my minutes disappear quickly. oh, by the way, the lady checking my passport at airport security busted out in singing "happy birthday" to me! got to say that's a first for me. she is a woman after my own heart. made my day! pray for safe flight into uganda. also, i'm staying the night there and flying out on tiny plane the next morning. pray for smooth transition through ugandan customs, that getting visa is no problem, i am able to get to the "guest house" safely, and able to rest well through the night. love you all. and thank you for your prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Love ya, lit' sis! Keep you tassle close and know that you are surrounded in prayer. God has great things in store for you and for you to do to bring Him glory! Keep us posted... Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Glad you had some birthday chear!
    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,
    I am your grandma blount's friend in Blue Ridge, Ga. You are one brave girl but if Jesus has called you to do it, then you don't have a choice. The food sounds awful. You will be in our prayers, Jean Moody

    ReplyDelete