8.30.2010

Uganda

i made it to uganda! security was no problem. they didn't ask me one question. just stamped my visa and sent me on my way. thank you for your prayers in making that a smooth transition.
uganda is beautiful! the weather is cool and perfect. i arrived at matoke inn at 7:30 yesterday morning. it's a mission run by AIM. i was so thankful for a bed and a shower. i didn't sleep well on the flight here so i made sure to get a little nap in. it is so peaceful here. a nice yard to walk around and a covered porch to read a book. i have also met so many people here. a family from ontario, a guy from australia, a girl from new york, and another man from england. they are all here for different reasons. some taking rest, some transitioning from home back to mission field, and some retired and just visiting. they are all with AIM.
it is 6:15 here now. i am the only one up. all i hear are roosters crowing and dogs barking. my driver picks me up in a few minutes to take me to the MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) hanger, and from there i fly to Mundri.
thank you all for your prayers. talk to you soon.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds wonderful and right up your alley! I know you enjoyed the serenity of the morning.. Hope you have a safe and peaceful trip to Sudan. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. michelle, gaston and brooksAugust 31, 2010 at 5:34 PM

    So glad you made it to Uganda! your morning sounded peaceful. you are being lifted up in prayer daily! looking forward to reading all about your travels, experiences and adventures! of course, we already miss you!
    xoxo!
    michelle and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started to follow Mission Aviation Fellowship on twitter at http://twitter.com/MAFPrayerDiary so I had to send them a thank you message for the work they do. Love you Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    I am so honored and proud to call you my third cousin! May God bestow His blessings upon you and keep you safe.
    I will be holding you in my prayers and thoughts with much love.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete