10.22.2010

Overwhelmed

i am overwhelmed. as each week passes i think i will become less overwhelmed, or maybe my time here would be less of a shock, that i would be less surprised by God. but this is not the case. i continue to be overwhelmed, and perhaps even more as the days progress, at God's goodness. He is so good. i am amazed at God's graciousness in allowing me to be here, allowing me to witness and experience His love for the people of Mundri. God has given me a heart that loves these people, that desires a relationship with them. i think back to just a few months ago when i knew nothing of these people, and now here i am, blessed by each moment i spend with them. i am continually reminded of His faithfulness. i pray that i continue to be overwhelmed by God, that it does not become a thing of the past, that i do not forget how He has prepared and planned every detail of my life, way before i arrived here and even now as i sit here. i am grateful for even just the glimpse of God's plan for me. how good it is to walk in His will!
God continues to reveal himself to me even in the everyday things, not just when i am alone in quiet time. i experience His presence in His creation, in the people that i meet, in my interaction with my team, in a teacher training, in a small group of teenage girls being told they are special, under a mango tree where children listen to the story of creation, even among the wailing at a funeral, God is there.
thank you all for your continued prayers. i have just 10 days left here, and i am beginning to process my time here as well as prepare for my return. God has so richly blessed my relationships here, and it will be difficult to say goodbye. my time in Mundri has seemed to fly by, but strangely enough, i also feel like i've been here forever. i am feeling more and more comfortable here and will miss the routine of life here. i am also very excited to return home, see family and friends and share about my wonderful experiences. please pray that i am able to soak up my time here, that God would continue to teach me and lead me, that i would allow myself time to reflect on my time here, and that God would prepare my heart to leave. i am so grateful for all of your encouraging words and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud and happy for you Mel! I know you are learning and growing so much and I am grateful to God for revealing himself to you. Love you lots and can't wait to catch up in just a couple of months!
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa-we prayed for you specifically last night. We give praise for all that God is doing in your life and the life of those you are getting to know. I know just how awesome it is to have time to sit with Melissa and share the Word of the Lord - and I'm selfishly looking forward to having that time real soon! The Precept gals cant wait to have you home!

    ReplyDelete